The Creative Ireland Programme in collaboration with the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC) is delighted to invite applications to Creative Climate Action Fund II: Agents for Change. This is a competitive fund of €3.6 million for creative projects that can connect people with the profound changes that are happening in our environment, society and economy arising from climate change, and can transform that connection into understanding and action.
An Open Call for Creative Ideas
The Creative Climate Action Fund are inviting the best of our creative talent to spark and ignite real cultural change, and to engage the public on the urgent transition to a climate resilient and carbon neutral society. We know that culture is a powerful conduit for public engagement. Cultural and creative expression can address complexity and confront challenges in ways that are provocative and engaging, and can open up dialogue with and about new social and political contexts.
To provoke this change, we need to think big, think differently and most importantly – think creatively.
We want to see ideas – big and small, new and tested, local and national – which can engage people and communities across Ireland. To allow for this we have introduced two strands of funding:
Strand 1: Spark: Grants between €20,000 and €50,000 for projects delivered between Summer 2023 and end 2024. This strand may appeal to those looking to experiment, develop, test or pilot a new idea for engagement, or who want to deliver a creative project at a local or community level. Strong concepts or ideas are also welcome under this strand where the delivery approach may not be fully developed but where the challenge and artistic opportunity are well presented.
Strand 2: Ignite – Grants between €50,001 and €250,000 for projects delivered between Summer 2023 and end 2025. This strand is for applicants who can demonstrate experience in delivering public engagement projects at scale, managing interdisciplinary project teams, and are proposing projects taking place over longer time periods and with extensive public engagement.
It is very important that you select the correct strand when beginning the application form. If you are unclear what strand you should be applying for, please check the Briefing document and FAQ’s
We expect to fund between 10 – 40 projects with budgets of approximately €30,000 - €200,000 over a timeframe of up to two years, however this will be determined by the number and scale of applications received.
To help you with your application we will be holding three support sessions prior to the application deadline:
- An online briefing will take place on Monday the 12th of December from 12.00 – 1.15 pm where you will have the opportunity to ask questions to the funding panel and some project participants funded under Creative Climate Action I. All questions and responses will be noted and made publicly available on the FAQ page on the application portal. Watch a recording of the online briefing or download the presentation.
- A networking session will take place on Tuesday the 24th January in Dublin to support the development of interdisciplinary partnerships and project teams. Further information on the event and details on registration are here.
- An online application support session will take place on Wednesday the 1st February from 1.00 – 2.00 pm to help you with the application form, the development of project plans, and the preparation of budgets. Watch a recording of the session.
- Before you begin your application, please ensure you have read the Briefing Note and FAQ’s thoroughly.
- You will be asked to register an account and verification of the email address provided takes place before you make your final submission.
- You may save your application and return to it at a later time, however the portal will close at 5.00pm Monday 13th March and you will no longer be able to access the application.
- Once your application is submitted it cannot be amended.
If you have any queries on the fund or the application process, you may email CreativeIreland@tcagsm.gov.ie
with the subject line 'Creative Climate Action II'.
If you are having technical difficulties with the platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Strand 2: Ignite – Grants between €50,001 and €250,000 for projects delivered between Summer 2023 and end 2025.
This strand is for applicants who can demonstrate experience in delivering public engagement projects at scale, managing interdisciplinary project teams, and are proposing projects taking place over longer time periods and with extensive public engagement.
If you are unsure whether your organisation or potential members of your team fit within either project strand, please contact us at email@example.com
prior to submitting your application.